Notes: We have put together some information that we received from the Westpac team. It may seem complicated so if you are unsure, please email us by clicking the button below so we can assist you with this process.
Further to the loan repayment deferrals that they introduced last week, customers experiencing a loss of income, reduced income or illness as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic can alternatively apply to reduce their repayments to cover the interest amount (similar to interest only) for six months on their Choices Home Loan.
Please note this is not available for Choices Everyday accounts.
You can apply for a six-month repayment deferral on both Principal and/or Interest using one of the following options:
Option 1: Online at https://www.westpac.co.nz/who-we-are/covid-19/financial-support/
Option 2: Call 0800 606 606 to speak to our contact centre.
Option 3: Westpac Accredited Mortgage Advisers are able to approach them directly with your requests. Please note that this option is only available if you they have on record a current Authority and Declaration.
What do you need to do?
- Complete the form below for each entity for which the customer requires assistance.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line must state your next repayment date — ex: COVID-19 Westpac Relief Package for First Last Name (Repayment Date)
It is important that you understood the following before submitting. Talk to your adviser to give you guidance on the above relief option.
- Because you are no longer making principal repayments on your loan this will mean that you may pay more interest on your loan during this period.
- Because your interest is also accumulating on your loan, this will also mean you may be paying more interest.
- After the Mortgage Repayment Deferral is loaded, Westpac One may still show a next repayment date. Assure your customer that this will not occur once their request has been processed.
- Currently, customers who are granted this loan repayment deferral will be marked with a Hardship flag which will be reported to credit agencies. We are working with regulators on an industry level to try and remove impacts on personal credit ratings.
Find out about Westpac branches, ways of banking, financial support, KiwiSaver and more.
Business customers requiring support should talk to their local branch or their business manager if they have one.
Alternatively, any customer can call 0800 606 606 for support.
If you’re experiencing hardship from COVID-19 and need immediate help, please contact them on 0800 606 606.
They are experiencing very high call volumes at the moment so they ask if your repayments are not due within the next 10 days, please call them back in a few days and they will be able to assist you then.
Last updated on 31 March 2020