“If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
Investing is a simple concept; you use your own money to buy assets which, you hope, will either increase in value over time or generate income, or both. It’s all about the future.
Investing is often made out to be complicated and risky, and that only ‘rich’ people do it. But investing is open to anyone – there are good reasons why the wealthy invest after all.
The Three Key Benefits of Investing
Some investments will provide you with additional income which will supplement your earned income or benefit payments such as superannuation. As your income directly impacts your lifestyle, having a more money to spend naturally leads to a better quality of life.
Reducing Inflation’s Impact
Overtime, inflation erodes the purchasing power of your money. Investing is one way to try and protect your savings from the effects of inflation, especially if the value of your investment increases at a rate greater than inflation.
We Can Help Make Your Investment Plan a Reality
Like all investment advisers, we have our own specialist investment areas. We can assist you to invest in:
Kiwisaver is an easy way to save for your retirement – and your first home.
How it works
• Generally, contributions to your Kiwisaver Account are made directly from your before-tax pay. Employers make contributions too.
• You can make additional contributions at any time.
• You may also receive a contribution from the Government.
• Your money is invested in a managed fund which you can choose.
• Fund managers seek to invest in assets that will grow in value over time.
• Your money is locked away until you reach 65. (Exceptions apply).
It’s a flexible way to invest in a wide range of funds in local and international markets.
How it works
- When you invest directly into a managed fund (i.e. not via Kiwisaver), your money is pooled together with other investors. A fund manager then buys and sells assets on your behalf.
- You can invest as little or as much as you like, there’s no minimum amount.
- Managed Funds invest in a wide range of assets that are expected to grow in value over time.
- You can chose to invest in ethical funds which avoid certain types of investments.
- Subject to the terms of the fund, you can withdraw your money at any time.
It’s a tangible way to invest & is one of the few investment vehicles available in which you can use other people’s money.
How it works
• Returns from property investment come from rental income and from any increase in the value of property over time (capital gains).
• Property investment usually involves more work than investing in Kiwisaver and managed funds.
• You need a lot more money or equity in another property to be able to invest.
• There are ongoing costs involved in maintaining and managing your investment property.
• Rental income from tenants can help you repay the mortgage loan.
It’s important to ensure your investment strategy fits with your overall financial plan or retirement plan.
So, whichever investment options you decide are right for you, our brokerage services make it happen.
FILL YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM OUR TEAM
START INVESTING NOW TO CREATE THE FUTURE LIFESTYLE YOU WANT.