Small daily habits lead to long term growth
Once your assets are protected, an effective financial plan should be all about growing your wealth. By:
• defining what your short, medium and long-term financial goals are
• reality checking them to ensure they are realistic and attainable, and
• taking action across the three key growth areas described below;
the healthy financial life you want becomes attainable.
Borrowing money usually involves a large commitment on your part – both in time (it can take many years to pay off) and money (it’s got to be paid back with interest). Not all mortgages, business loans or personal loans are created equal and the best loans are the ones that work in harmony with your short, medium and long-term goals. Interest rates are just one factor to be considered. Before signing up to any loan you also need to take into account:
- Interest rate options (fixed or floating?)
- Repayment schedule (how long until you need to pay it all off and how often do you want to make your repayments?)
- Access to required funds (revolving credit or reducing loans?)
- Security (secured or unsecured?)
- Flexibility (can you make extra repayments without penalty?)
- Your contribution (how big a deposit do you need to provide?)
- Fees which pay be payable
- Any special terms
We look at all your debts and explore whether they are structured in a way to help you achieve your financial goals. If you require a new loan or need to refinance, we can help you find and secure the best mortgage and/or loans for your needs.
“Active income” is what most of us are familiar with and understand. It’s income that can only be earned by directly exchanging your time for money. Whether it’s a pay-per-hour job or a salaried one, the amount of money you make is directly correlated to your time and has two obvious pitfalls: 1. If you don’t work you don’t earn. 2. Since time is limited, it also places an automatic cap on your earning potential.
- The freedom of time so you can pursue the things you love rather than what pays the bills.
- The ability to live, work and travel where you choose.
- Reduced stress, anxiety and fear of the future.
- A platform for financial stability and growth.
By growing a diversified balance of income streams, the foundation for financial independence is achieved more quickly than through savings alone. As part of your financial plan we explore a wide range of options for you to strategically create and grow your passive income.
When we invest it is with the expectation that we will receive a financial benefit sometime in the future. How long you have to wait for that benefit to materialise and how much you will receive depends on the type of investment you make – some are very short-term and others can take decades; some have low returns and others high. Some investments are also much safer than others too. So when it comes to investing there are a lot of things to consider and get right:
- What are your goals? Are you looking for safety, income or growth from this investment? Or both growth and income?
- Who are you investing with? What is their track record?
- How does the investment work?
- What are the risks associated with this investment? Are you comfortable taking these risks?
- How much do you expect to earn? Is this realistic?
- When and why would you sell this investment? Can you easily get out of it or are you locked in?
- How long do you plan to invest? Is this a short, medium or long-term investment?
- What are the costs to buy, manage and sell the investment?
- Will you pay taxes on the money you earn?
- What other investments do you have already? How does this investment fit with your other investments? How will it change your asset mix?
Investing is all about ensuring you will have sufficient resources to meet your needs when required. Once you retire, the very modest Government superannuation you receive will need to be supplemented by any passive income, savings and investments you have accumulated. If you wish to continue living a comfortable life, you need to have built enough to last as long as you do. As specialist investment advisers, we help you to objectively assess where you are headed financially and how that relates to your investment planning goals. By creating an investment portfolio designed to grow your wealth, you give yourself the best opportunity to live the comfortable lifestyle you want now and in the future.
- Achieve financial stability both now and in the future,
- Provide for and protect your family,
- Protect your business and your interests in it, and
- Be confident about your finances
We recommend you take the first step towards building the healthy financial life you want by contacting us today.